Thursday, December 1, 2016

#RendTheHeavens Day 4: Shut.Up.

And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
-Matthew 24:31

these days are full of angry noise
but today i felt it inside my body
head screaming
a pulsing crescendo as the day went on
and suddenly my gut was tumbling
then hovering, tenuously
toes over the edge
ready to leap
i walked it back slowly, and there was a respite
but now this creature inside me roars
so loud i can’t hear myself think
i have to stop

i accomplished nothing today
there was so much i wanted to do
but some days my body is not mine
it belongs to the Progesterone God
who i will now address directly:
if you are just the trumpeter
and you answer to someone higher
tell your boss, i hear ye
i’m all ears
just keep the lights out when you come
speak softly
and don’t put any pressure on my belly
thanks

p.s. looks like i’ll be wearing sweatpants for the apocalypse

No comments:

Post a Comment